Actually my first sale on Etsy (from someone I didn't know)was to a lady in Great Britain who bought a pair of my wire wrapped ruby earrings.
|Ruby and gold wire wrapped earrings|
I have sent jewelry to Canada, England and, just the other day, Germany where my cobolt earrings will soon be worn at an engagement party (which is going to be held on the sea coast of Albania)!
|Cobolt Blue and gold earrings|
It gives me a special little thrill knowing that something I made will be travelling farther than I ever have and will be worn by someone in a different country.
So...let me demystify the international shipment a bit. Now remember, I live in the US so this is just my experience from my perspective. I have found that most people think shipping internationally is way too expensive. Some of this is due to Paypal because you can only ship the more expensive ways through Paypal (ie: Global Express, Express Mail International). If you go to USPS.com you will find good information and a MUCH cheaper way to send packages.
Here are 7 simple steps to shipping internationally:
1. Go to USPS.com and rest your mouse over Ship a Package so the drop down menu displays. Choose Compare Services
3. Scroll down and choose First Class Mail International by clicking calculate prices.
5. Whoa...look at these prices!!
6. Don't worry, I told you this would be much cheaper right? Click the First Class Mail International Options to see what I was talking about.
7. Next, click on the Customs Forms and Extra Services button at the bottom right. You can actually fill out and print the customs form online now. You still have to go to the post office to pay and ship (unless you use a service like Stamps.com, I think you can actually pay and print shipping from there).
So that's it...not so scary is it? Now get out there and try it, you might make additional sales by opening up your options to international shipping.