Thursday, December 10, 2015

Ornament Blog Hop

Our family tradition growing up was that my brother and I would get to pick out one special ornament each year to add to the tree.  Over the years we would know which ones were "ours" and it made the Christmas tree special.  

I am hoping to make some special ornaments this year for friends and family.  This cardinal was made using polymer clay. I made it for an ornament swap because my swap partner loves cardinals.
Polymer clay cardinal ornament 
I used wire loops and attached the head and tail using a wire for hanging evenly. 

Thanks for stopping by!!
Cory

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The cardinal is so striking, your ornament swap partner is very lucky. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cardinals. Your ornament is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina, I may have to make a few more of these.

      Delete
  3. I love cardinals so I absolutely love your ornament and I am sure your partner will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cory. My Mom was a big fan of watching the cardinals at her birdfeeder so I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Me too Becky, my MIL loved to watch and feed the birds!

      Delete
  5. We have a similar tradition, every year we buy or make a special, new ornament. It's incredible how you forget so many things, but you always remember what year is which ornament from! Your partner is very lucky - the cardinal is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia, it is really fun to look back at all the special little treasures on the tree@

      Delete
  6. The cardinal is a beautiful bird and you did it justice - it will become a special ornament for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cardinals are such a Christmas colour.. I'm sure it wil look great on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a great job! It's lovely. I love the attention to detail on his belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, they are little cane slices I made and added to the belly.

      Delete

I love that you are taking the time to comment on my blog, your comments make it all worth while!